WHOA! I really can’t believe it’s already Friday. WHERE has the week gone? I need some time back, please. Just don’t give me Monday. You can keep Monday! Yet again, I’m linking up with Lauren at From My Grey Desk for High Five for Friday. Check out my week below, then grab a button and link up!
1. It’s my mom’s AND my dad’s birthdays! As you might remember, there are lots of April babies in my family!! Read here and here. Happy birthday, Mom! Happy birthday, Dad! I love you both more than words can say!
Today after work, I’m packing up, throwing the dog in the car and heading to the country to spend the weekend with these awesome people! I’m pretty excited to be home and I’m also looking forward to the mini road trip the drive will entail.
2. Saturday night, I went out (which I rarely do). We had a lot of fun and it was good to actually loosen up for once. On our way back to the car, we passed an open-patio-type bar and heard a song by our favorite Texas country band — The Casey Donahew Band. “Is that live?” I asked. “No, we would know if they were here,” Amanda said (pictured with me below). “Well, that sounds live,” I said.
Turns out, they were live! But they were playing a private party, so we didn’t go in. We danced on the sidewalk. People were walking by and looking at us like we were insane, but we cared not! Another good thing about this night? My dress is from Wal-Mart and it cost $13 and some change. Truth.
3. Last night, I got to have dinner with my best friend! She was in town to pick up her wedding shoes (her wedding is seven weeks from Saturday!) and then heading to DFW for her final dress fitting.
4. Something happened this week that reminded me all at once to be thankful and grateful for what I have and to always follow my heart. When I feel something stirring inside me, that’s not stupidity or naivete. It’s God placing something on my heart and telling me to do something about it. The situation brought to mind one of my favorite verses which describes the woman I continually strive to be.
3 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. 4 Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. 1 Peter 3:3-4 (NIV)
5. I found this gem in the $5 movie bin at Wal-Mart. This was one of my faves growing up. I’m not sure I understood all the underlying themes — I just loved seeing a young Reese Witherspoon. But as I got older, it remained a favorite! And for all my fellow Hunger Games lovers, it was directed by Gary Ross. Gary fans, where y’all at?!
What were your high five this week? Let me know below!