I’m starting a new blog project! I got the idea from a friend and fellow blogger and it seemed like a lot of fun. It’s called Thirty Things and the series comes from Jessi at HOPESandDREAMS. Every Tuesday for the next thirty weeks, I’ll be posting from Jessi’s list! I’m doing it every week as opposed to every day because I figured it might be an easier way to keep me accountable while still being able to write about things I want to write about. Read on to check out the complete list and for this week’s post!
The first week’s task is to list 20 random facts about myself. All right, here goes! You’ve been warned……..
1. Fight Club is one of my favorite movies of all time. Most people say, “Really?” with a very confused look when I admit this. I can’t explain it. I love this movie! It never fails, I notice something else about it that I hadn’t before every time I watch it!
2. My favorite color is green. Bright (NOT lime), grass green. Think a football field in September. :)
3. I used to want to be an Aggie, but in my entire life, I have owned ONE Texas A&M t-shirt. I bought it on a judging trip in high school which also happens to be the only trip to College Station I’ve ever taken in my life. It was pink and had Psalm 75:10 (I will cut off the horns of all the wicked, but the horns of the righteous will be lifted up. NIV) on it. Two years later I was accepted to Texas Tech and never put that shirt on again.
4. My first concert was 98 Degrees.
5. I played golf for two years in high school. I was awful.
6. I wish I hadn’t been so responsible in college. I’ve never really screwed up (though I make mistakes every day!) and that sometimes makes me feel like I haven’t really lived.
7. In fourth grade, I wanted to be a lawyer and go to Harvard.
8. I have known my best friend for 18 years and counting. In kindergarten, we didn’t get along.
9. I listen to all kinds of music — lots of rock, classic rock, country, Texas country, even some rap and hip hop. I try to appreciate all genres of music and don’t judge people based on musical preference. ALL music is a form of art and what we’re drawn to is what makes us unique.
10. I have a huge family. It doesn’t matter to me that I have three step brothers, a half brother and a half sister — to me, they’re all 100% my family. I wouldn’t have it any other way.
11. I wish I were as crafty as I seem to be on Pinterest.
12. I am an independent distributor for a health and wellness company called AdvoCare.
13. I’m really into chevron and yellow and gray right now. Yellow and gray chevron? Even better.
14. The Bravo show, The Real Housewives of New Jersey, is a serious (sometimes embarrassing) guilty pleasure of mine. I LOVE THE MANZO FAMILY! Especially Albie. :)
15. I love working out. I try to work out at least five days a week. Sometimes I fail, but I am leaps and bounds ahead of where I was a few years ago.
16. I love fashion and I love outfits that make a statement. But, that said, I usually stick to my standard jeans and tee every day. I’m not brave enough to actually wear these on myself.
17. I just recently bought my first pair of wedges. I’m now a former nay sayer! Wedges are a girl’s best friend.
18. George Strait’s Amarillo by Morning is one of my favorite songs of all time — and my absolute favorite to dance to.
19. I love organizing, but I’m incredibly disorganized and messy. Controlled chaos, I say. I’m working on that.
20. I love my dog! I think she was sent to save me and I don’t know what I would do without her! Her name is Pippa. Yes, she’s named after that Pippa. :)
List 20 random facts about yourself. 2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears. 3. Describe your relationship with your parents. 4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could. 5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now? 6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced? 7. What is your dream job, and why? 8. What are 5 passions you have? 9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how. 10. Describe your most embarrasing moment. 11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have. 12. Describe a typical day in your current life. 13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have. 14. Describe 5 strengths you have. 15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why? 16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments? 17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at? 18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive? 19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why? 20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood. 21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first? 22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years? 23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them. 24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now. 25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat? 26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong? 27. What is your favorite part of your body and why? 28. What is your love language? 29. What do you think people misundertand most about you? 30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.
That’s all for now! Hope you enjoyed it. :) Come back next Tuesday to read about three fears I have! If you’d like to start your own Thirty Things project, head to HOPESandDREAMS and grab a button!